THANK YOU for your interest in the NMSU Dance Program.
We strive to aid in the development of intelligent and expressive humans through a challenging academic and artistic curriculum, guiding dancers to be as equally comfortable on stage as in the classroom. It is our hope that our educational philosophy empowers our students to embrace an artful life as lifelong learners.
Our dance program is more than a place to dance.
- Our students produce concerts, choreograph, and teach while striving for excellence and authorship.
- Each dancer and faculty member are expected to be productive and contributing members of our program.
- We support and help one another to grow and become compassionate human beings willing to share both our conflicts and accomplishments.
- We honor our differences and celebrate what we have in common, believing if we concern ourselves with the welfare of all, we will grow as humans.
- We believe in the significance of what we are doing, who we are becoming, and where we are going.
Our faculty and students are the soul of our program.
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Dance was established in 1998. Our faculty are master teachers and performers and are recognized both nationally and internationally. However, our strength truly lies within our student population. Our dancers are some of the hardest working students who have dedicated themselves to personal growth and the growth of our program. The faculty thank all of you for being here with us and all those who came before you.
Students are the most important element in our program, without you there would be no need for faculty. You are the purpose of our work.
The faculty and student exist in an interdependent relationship. We are working together, taking responsibility for ourselves, and learning from one another.
Whatever your career goals may be, the NMSU Dance program will help make these goals a reality..