Pan American Dance Institute (PADI) Promoting and Preserving the traditions and cultures of the America.
Providing learning communities that will support self-expression, human development, scholarly inquiry, and artistic creativity.
Providing interactive academic and extracurricular activities for investigating the aesthetic, intellectual, political, and spiritual scope of society within global and local perspectives.
Providing opportunities to investigate cross-cultural and interdisciplinary points of view in accordance with America’s multicultural heritage and the diversity of world customs and traditions.
Providing an arena that will give full expression to the creative impulses of individuals and communities in order to enhance the well-being of societies and better equip them to interact in a global and dynamic world.
- Appreciation for ethnic heritage does not happen automatically or by proximity. All communities deserve to understand and respect their heritage. The Pan American Institute will serve as a venue for the study and promotion of dance in response to the educational and cultural needs of New Mexican, national, and international communities. This celebration of culture serves not only to promote ethnic pride and develop cultural identity within communities but also to foster an appreciation among people from all ethnicities.
- The Pan American Dance Institute will be a center that supports and promotes international programs providing opportunities to investigate cross-cultural and interdisciplinary points of view in accordance with America’s multicultural heritage and the diversity of world customs and traditions.
- The Institute will have a management team, an advisory board and numerous partnerships throughout the Americas.
- There is not a dance program in the state, or anywhere in the United States, that is dedicated to the comprehensive study and development of dance history, dance education, and dance performance related to cultural groups of the Americas.
- Committees are being formed with members of the advisory board, as well as experts in the field of dance in order to accomplish our goals. Promotion of all institute projects, events, performances, research, and conferences will be through our website, newsletters, print media and other communication avenues.